Sunday, December 23, 2018

HOPE:

My new hope when working with children and their families on a cultural and diverse level, will be to not only attempt to incorporate solely my ideas and passion for cultural celebrations, but that I will also incorporate active listening to truly hear the needs, concerns, and desires of the children and families that I serve, so that I can create a safe zone for them to grow and thrive!


Goal:

One of my new goals is to start researching various cultural groups that are within the US and outside the US to find out what their needs and desires are in relation to their educational development. I want to then transition to speaking with children and their families about their overall expectations within the classroom as it relates to culture. I will then take that goal and implement it into designing my own program, rather than aiming for working at another particular facility.


To my Wonderful Colleagues:

You all have been extremely insightful and informative! I believe that this class demanded that we push harder and exercise our minds to think completely outside the box, and I believe that I can truly say that my mind has shape-shifted to think in a plethora of scenarios! Good Luck in all that you do, and let work to get to create a cultural blanket of comfort for each and every interaction we come into contact with on a daily basis!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays!
    I enjoyed reading your blog this course. Your insight was truly helpful. You are absolutely right. This course has helped us to think outside of the box. We also had to step out of our comfort zones to take a deeper look at self and our cultures. We also had to reevaluate our thoughts and behavior patterns when it come to how we address diversity. Good luck on your journey. I know you will do well.

    ReplyDelete